We offer a series of different Career Management Service programmes and would be delighted to offer a free 30 minute exploratory career discussion on the telephone in the first instance.
The programmes we offer includes: -
Providing a proven, bespoke, “one to one” programme offering targeted coaching support to move forward quickly into the job market.
1. Client Assessment
- Career background review / Managing change and transition
- Self-Assessment – identifying your accomplishments and skills
- Career Options – determining together realistic career goals and objectives
2. CV Development
- Producing an effective CV – that supports your career objectives
- Writing a Profile – that is compelling and clearly defines your Unique Selling Proposition
3. Marketing Preparation
Reviewing the many routes to market and developing a bespoke marketing strategy:
- Head-hunters, Recruiters, Agencies – who to approach and how
- Referral Methods – how to secure meetings with decision makers via a network contact
- Direct Approach Tactics – developing strategies to gain access to organisations or individuals
- Advertised Response – analysing job descriptions as to whether or not they are appropriate
- Cover ‘Letters’ – creating effective communication to enhance applications and networking
- Social Media – to include how to use LinkedIn effectively and other social media
- Networking – taking the anxiety out of creating an active network of contacts through:
- Networking– understanding the importance and value of a network of business contacts
- Constructing a Networking Plan – creating an achievable plan of action
- Network Methods – understanding and adapting to the various networking scenarios
Enhancing your Promotional Skills to make best use of your meetings and interviews:
- Interview Formats – reviewing all the different formats currently being used
- Interview Preparation – learning to ‘sell’ your CV and prepared for any question
- Body Language – practical feedback on your nonverbal communication
- Handling Questions – helping to effectively position you as the preferred candidate
- Role Play – practicing and refining your interview skills through preparation
- Presentation Skills – content, delivery, body language and how you present yourself
Reviewing the job offers and helping to secure a better package.
- Negotiation – enhancing the job package options so you achieve what you deserve
- Dealing with Offers – evaluating offers whilst keeping other options open
- Reviewing the Offers – ensuring it’s the right career move and challenge
5. On-Going Support
Acting as a mentor or sounding board through a continuing relationship.
Career Health Check
The tectonic plates in the job landscape are moving rapidly. With increased globilisation, automation and an emphasis on specialist skills, managing your career and remaining relevant to hiring organisations and the work place in general is essential. It is critical that you take control of your future therefore it’s important to periodically evaluate your career by asking yourself these questions:
- What is my longer-term career goal?
- How does my current position help me move closer to my career objective?
- How do I accommodate my career goal with my work/life balance?
- Are my skills being successfully incorporated into my career aspirations?
- Should I have a plan and timeline to achieve my key career milestones?
The Career Health Check is a one-to-one programme to confirm or re-align a career path and establish a timetable to reach a mutually agreed achievable objective.
For many people, just the idea of networking fills them with horror but this is perhaps the most effective way of securing a new role or new career direction. Networking can be very rewarding even fun with the right preparation and attitude. Don’t forget, people like to do business with people they know and like.
This programme is to show you how to develop and use your network of contacts, including LinkedIn profile.
Today’s job market is more complex than ever before and the area of interview is no exception. There are numerous tools and techniques used by employers to select candidates and you need to be prepared for all of them. During the programme we will be covering every aspect of the interview process including body language, speech patterns and presentation skills.
CV Development – CV Writing
In a highly competitive market, you need to make a positive impact quickly. A recruiter or HR professional will typically take just five to seven seconds to read your CV and decide whether you are a potential candidate. This means your CV needs to stand out from the crowd and “sell" your skills, abilities, qualifications and experience to employers. Its main purpose is to gain people’s interest and secure an interview. Therefore, working with you we will create a compelling document that expands your strengths and achievements leaving an indelible impression upon the reader.
A service to support to Senior Managers and Board level individuals who want a bespoke holistic approach to career transition. A flexible, tailored approach to Outplacement, helping employees who have been made redundant find new employment. Assisting with the psychological and practical adjustment required during career transition, so those experiencing the change are able to come to terms with it. Helping people to let go and successfully move on.
Going It Alone
There are many reasons why people chose this route and some believe this is the future of work in an increasingly ever-changing workplace.
We will assess which route is best - Contracting / Consultancy / Freelance / Portfolio Career – A review of the pros and cons of each direction:
- Consultancy versus Contracting
- Working through an umbrella agency versus a Limited Company
- Trading options
- Financial strategy
The programme will include every aspect of setting up your own business.
For the graduate the world of recruitment, careers and jobs is a known minefield. This programme will provide valuable information and guidance to prepare the candidate for the job market, including CV review, direction, marketing, networking and interview preparation.
Executive Mentoring & Coaching
Working with the client to assess current and previous performance, strengths and weaknesses with the aim of identifying areas to develop, particularly new skills and behaviours. In addition, enhancing personal branding, building an executive network and also introduce him/her to new contacts. This long term confidential mentoring helps the individual, their business and long term success.